Luxor, here I come!

Get the best advice about your holiday in Luxor.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Luxor, here I come!

Post by Yildez »

Today I booked my ticket, and will be visiting Luxor in January, for the first time since January 2016. I'm really looking forward to seeing old friends and re-visiting some of my favourite temples and tombs. Can anyone tell me the current price for the combined Nefetari/Seti ticket please? And where do I buy it?

And just in case anyone's interested, I'm flying with Turkish Airlines, Dalaman-Istanbul-Hurghada, return Hurghada-Istanbul-Izmir, (so a little bit more expensive than a standard return,as it's multi-city) for the princely sum of £333, including 2 bags/50 kilos. I think that's just £10 more than the same flight 3 years ago!

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Luxor, here I come!

Post by Who2 »

I'll buy you a cocktail in JJ's...... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Counting down the days.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Yildez wrote:Today I booked my ticket, and will be visiting Luxor in January, for the first time since January 2016. I'm really looking forward to seeing old friends and re-visiting some of my favourite temples and tombs. Can anyone tell me the current price for the combined Nefetari/Seti ticket please? And where do I buy it?
The Nefertari and Seti I tickets are seperate.....1000EGP each.....obtainable at the respective valley ticket offices.

In addition you still have to pay the valley entrance fee, whether or not you intend to visit any other tombs.

If you're considering visiting several sites during your stay, it might be worth investigating the Luxor Pass at, I think, $180.

Have a look at WI's post : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=39464&hilit=Luxor+pass

Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

Thanks Newcastle, it sounds like the Luxor Pass is probably a good option for me, will investigate further!! If I decide to just buy the ticket for Nefatari, do I have to pay in dollars, or will they accept Egyptian pounds?

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Yildez wrote:Thanks Newcastle, it sounds like the Luxor Pass is probably a good option for me, will investigate further!! If I decide to just buy the ticket for Nefatari, do I have to pay in dollars, or will they accept Egyptian pounds?
When I went last year the tickets bore the price in EGP....1000...and this is what I paid. I haven't heard it's changed and is still in EGP as far as I know.

The Luxor Pass is in dollars I think, although I imagine they'd accept payment in GBP, euros or even EGP at the appropriate rate. But then again, this is Egypt :lol:

FarleyFlavors

Post by FarleyFlavors »

Yildez wrote:Can anyone tell me the current price for the combined Nefetari/Seti ticket please? And where do I buy it?
There's no combined Nefertari/Seti ticket, only the Luxor pass. If you want to buy just the individual tickets, it's Egyptian pounds only. If you want to buy a Luxor pass, it's either US dollars ($160) or the equivalent in Euros.

By my calculations, if you're planning to visit both Nefertari and Seti it would be around $125 (including the valley entrance fees), so the Luxor pass makes sense even if you're only planning to visit a few other sites - it's valid for five days. Plus, you can visit both Nefertari and Seti once each day if you like!

For the Luxor pass, go north from the Luxor museum ticket booth and take the first right. You'll come to a large set of metal gates. Through the gates there's a small office to the right which sells the pass (there will be someone at the gate to point you in the right direction).

You need a passport-sized photo and two photocopies of your passport page.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I believe the price of the Luxor Pass (inc Nefertari/ Seti I) was to be increased to $200 from 1st Nov.

https://theprovince.com/pmn/news-pmn/eg ... e62161959a

Bearing in mind the commensurate increase in other entrance tickets, it still probably makes sense for anyone intending to visit several sites - particularly if repeat visits are contemplated.