'Nothing for young folk to do.'

Get the best advice about your holiday in Luxor.

Moderators: Horus, DJKeefy, 4u Network

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: 'Nothing for young folk to do.'

Post by Zooropa » Tue May 30, 2017 3:55 pm

hatusu wrote:From the age of 8 yrs old I'd always wanted to come to Egypt, after learning about the ancient Egyptians in school. In my younger years I could never have afforded it, but I know I would still have loved it despite its lack of certain amenities. It's nothing to do with age.
Its everything to do with age!

Not everyone is the same but to pretend that Luxor could ever be a place that attracts the average youngster is to deny reality.

In any case at the moment Luxor is a place that doesnt attract the average anybody.

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Tue May 30, 2017 4:51 pm

Yes some are delusional if these places are not needed why were the bars discos restaurants etc all full nearky everynight of the year when the town and hotels were full?

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Tue May 30, 2017 5:36 pm

I think a lot of this has to come down to the age definition of 'young folk'.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Zooropa » Tue May 30, 2017 5:45 pm

And were they full of 24 hour party people high on speed and ******** on the streets ala Ibiza and magaluf?

Or mutton dressed as lamb trying to hold back the years as well as their stomachs in looking for a nice young Mohamed to make them feel 25 again?

When the hotels were full then yes, people who happened to be staying there may very well go to a bar or a disco.

But if they want nightlife specifically they are hardly going to say screw Benidorm this year Luxor's where its at.

As i said delusional.

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Tue May 30, 2017 5:50 pm

You can have nightlife without being Benidorm quite a lot of the World manages.

newcastle
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by newcastle » Tue May 30, 2017 6:05 pm

Zooropa wrote:And were they full of 24 hour party people high on speed and ******** on the streets ala Ibiza and magaluf?

Or mutton dressed as lamb trying to hold back the years as well as their stomachs in looking for a nice young Mohamed to make them feel 25 again?

When the hotels were full then yes, people who happened to be staying there may very well go to a bar or a disco.

But if they want nightlife specifically they are hardly going to say screw Benidorm this year Luxor's where its at.

As i said delusional.
:a34:

I can't see Pacha or Ministry of Sound heading to Luxor anytime soon.

Some Egyptians I know could do with a few lines of speed. Whatever they're on (Tramadol?) doesn't do anything for the "get up and go" mood.

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Tue May 30, 2017 8:04 pm

No we decided against MOS in Luxor before the revolution. They even gave up the franchise in Hurghada and Sharm.

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Zooropa » Tue May 30, 2017 8:09 pm

newcastle wrote:
Zooropa wrote:And were they full of 24 hour party people high on speed and ******** on the streets ala Ibiza and magaluf?

As i said delusional.
:a34:

I can't see Pacha or Ministry of Sound heading to Luxor anytime soon.

Some Egyptians I know could do with a few lines of speed. Whatever they're on (Tramadol?) doesn't do anything for the "get up and go" mood.
Get you with the Ministry Of Sound name dropping!

Down with the kids!

An extra ten credibility points for you.

newcastle
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by newcastle » Tue May 30, 2017 8:36 pm

Some people had a misspent youth.

I decided to wait 'til I'd retired.

Nuff said.... :st

:hp :jig: :a17:

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Zooropa » Tue May 30, 2017 8:49 pm

Bombay wrote:You can have nightlife without being Benidorm quite a lot of the World manages.
Of course you can!

But your not gonna pull in hoards of young people to Luxor looking for that as a main feature, its just not gonna happen.

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Tue May 30, 2017 9:04 pm

The Cocktail Sunset by the old Etap will have a disc on it at some point in the future apparently.

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Zooropa » Tue May 30, 2017 9:05 pm

Bombay wrote:The Cocktail Sunset by the old Etap will have a disc on it at some point in the future apparently.
I might try mi luck, what do you reckon?

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Tue May 30, 2017 10:42 pm

There are a lot of things that were not here years ago when I first came here some have come and some gone.
The place is no longer the vibrant and buzzing place it was in the late '90's '00's.
The corniche was jam packed at sunset.
Now with the bright white cold LED lights the place is more like a cargo container port area than a cruise boat port.
Business here or not it makes me sad to go around town and see it now it's like Famagusta with a few local let in. :( :( :( :(

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Zooropa » Tue May 30, 2017 11:01 pm

Yes, tis sad, at first, for me it was good, nobody at the sights, ive all but forgotten how difficult it was to get decent photos because of the amount of people milling about.

But i remember on my 2015 trip, sat on a stone at Karnak near the pool, close to where the cafe and stalls used to be.

It was dead, i literally saw two other people besides the guardians and guards.

At first the peacefulness of it was really nice but then i looked over at the scarab beetle, the one that women are supposed to walk around and i remembered when it was twenty deep with people trying to join in.

Not a person in sight.

Very sad. :td

crewmeal
Top Member
Top Member

Post by crewmeal » Wed May 31, 2017 9:04 am

Its Heineken here not Carling and even Heineken can't refresh this part of the planet.
I know, I've drunk enough of the stuff, but it least it has 'cleaning' powers.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Wed May 31, 2017 9:14 am

Well, I can only speak with the voice of an entrenched, well established, old fart. Do we need to create things to attract the young 'uns? No, f*** 'em, we don't need them, the place is noisy enough at night time as it is. Do we need zimmer races and a wheelchair derby to entertain us oldies? No, f*** 'em, we are old and wise enough to already know what we need, if we need it in the first place. I bask in my existence here, alone, but with a day by day opportunity to mix and be merry anytime the fancy takes me. Do we need more night time venues? No, f*** 'em, we already have all the empty buildings that one could possibly need. If I woke up one morning and the whole population in Luxor had suddenly disappeared, then I would say f*** em, my life carry's on. If they demolish every building on the West bank, would I cry at the loss? No, I would say f*** em' I can now see whats been hidden all these years.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Adamantium

Post by Adamantium » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:00 am

Young people like to hang out at EL Nada Land and Malahi. EL Nada land is filled with various eateries on multiple levels as well as coffee bar.with Dodgem cars and Ghost Train it has a few attractions however Malahi seems to draw larger crowds especially in festive seasons like the Moled of EL Abu Hajjaj. These are overlooked by most tourists unless they have a flat in these areas then they are recommended. So they discover these little gems.

I had been to an Egyptian disco somewhere around the Kentuky shop. Again no tourists except myself. They however closed so if the locals are not sustaining them they won't be around for the tourists.

Egyptians tend to befriend elder tourists except when it comes to girls.There they try their best to get the pretty young ones. If young Egyptians gave their friendships to younger tourists they would discover The energetic wedding parties with popular Nubian artists. They then discover Egyptian youth culture/experience.

But if tourist numbers are down no one will see an alternative venue as being a worthwhile investment. If young people are after western style nightclubs and care nothing for Ancient history their choice of destination would be Ibiza, kavos or Magaluf.if. Egypt is then void of hedonistic youths who after too much to drink make a nuisance of themselves in the street. These people would not be long in Egypt.

So it is good Egypt does not have these things. It means Egypt is a pleasant place to be.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:52 am

You may be right Dusak, Luxor is for old people, in fact I am sure you are right. Have you noticed the young call the old feeble and the old call the young stupid. Seems a bit of a battle going on. I think also old people are not so frivolous when it comes to safety, they have a tendency to look after their safety while the young have a free abandoned spirit, and the young holiday wants to be entertained, and express their carefree attitude.

What I like to read is all the things about Luxor, I read about the lack of jobs, lack work, lack of money etc etc. Everybody knows that, most know about the dual economy, and the hassle, its well advertised now on holiday sites, What I don't read is ideas to change the depression its going through or ideas to make the City attractive. When ideas are being discussed and maybe put into action things might change. Lets not forget one thing you can walk around a graveyard whenever and wherever you are in the World. The Tomb of Kings here though does attract a good number of visitors but then again its half price to the historic places in Luxor.

At the moment there seems to be nos answers to Luxor and the powers that be seem to be letting it drift along like tumbleweed. Anything that is being done seems to stem around the Red Sea Resorts, but that may be because peoples needs on holiday have changed, who knows?