My Visit

Get the best advice about your holiday in Luxor.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: My Visit

Post by newcastle » Tue May 30, 2017 11:44 am

Zooropa wrote:I could have quite easily rubbished Luxor on my original post and justifiably so in my view but whats the point?

To be told that i only come here 30 seconds a year what do i know, and if you dont like why did you come back?

In fact dont bother!

Bottom line, i came here (again) i got harassed (again), i got abused (again), i got insulted (again), i had people trying to rip me off (again), im coming back later this year (again).
What was it that Einstein said defined insanity....? :lol:

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Zooropa » Tue May 30, 2017 11:57 am

newcastle wrote:
Zooropa wrote:I could have quite easily rubbished Luxor on my original post and justifiably so in my view but whats the point?

To be told that i only come here 30 seconds a year what do i know, and if you dont like why did you come back?

In fact dont bother!

Bottom line, i came here (again) i got harassed (again), i got abused (again), i got insulted (again), i had people trying to rip me off (again), im coming back later this year (again).
What was it that Einstein said defined insanity....? :lol:
I dunno lol, im currently operating on the working excuse that Luxor isnt here and the boll*cks im having to put up with here i dont have to there.

Yeah, works for me....

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom » Wed May 31, 2017 4:19 am

Before I put the post on I wrote on a piece of paper who would reply and defend Luxor, guess what? Every name I put on was correct. Yes I think I will release the Site from my mind because, I differ in thoughts from those living there now and living a sorry but cheap life. I suppose now that the die hards are still prepared to sit in old pallets on Ramla front so they can still say "Sitting here watching the peaceful Fellucas gracefully going about their business on the mighty Nile" or "Watching the sun setting turning the sky a beautiful Orange colour on the horizon" but failing to say the Orange is filth in the air. I cannot believe like us people from the modern world can abuse themselves with a City that offers nothing. (We were just as guilty, until we saw the light) Are they still selling the sun bleached Fez hats outside Sinbads, alway made us fall about laughing they would try to sell them and have them on display. So suppose in the future I will read and not post. It seems pointless, when people cannot accept the truth. But it is obvious many are not as 100% happy as they say, when they keep an English address for medical care hen needed or claim any form of benefit they can, such as tax credits. So yes Zooropa and Newcastle I will refrain from posting and just read how deceptive people's minds rule their lives.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom » Wed May 31, 2017 5:34 am

Finally on the tourist and ex Pat subject, how many tourists did Luxor entertain in April 2017, Paphos entertained 250,000 for the sun sea and the past Greek History. Paphos is half the size of Luxor, but offers five times as much. A third of Paphos is ex pats here for the easy life, here for the sun, here for a life of no stress, and here for a life of ease. In a place that is well kept, clean and no hassle, and a life where tourism is both welcome and treated has an income with no double standards or pricing. It does make a big difference to visitors. Ok it's costlier to live here but that is far worth it for proper medical treatment, very little stress and an organized life.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Wed May 31, 2017 8:06 am

Major Thom, for some reason you fail to accept that the expats who post here all seem to be quite content with their chosen lives Luxor. You regularly comment about folk living there but who keep an address in the UK so they can claim benefits. If you you have evidence of this then report them to the correct authorities instead of making accusations here.

You have now chosen a different destination and it sounds as though you are enjoying it. Great! Make the most of it as you never know what is around the next corner.

Why does tourism - numbers and style - mean so much to you? Surely, as an individual with no personal financial commitment in tourism (or perhaps you have), it should make no real difference when choosing a place to settle down.

You say you are going to release this site from your mind. How can you do that if you are, as you later say, going to no longer write on it but continue to read it? I am surprised you have the inclination to do either, especially given your new busy and happy life.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU » Wed May 31, 2017 8:24 am

I am so happy

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle » Wed May 31, 2017 8:27 am

MT has a bad case of KHS......Katie Hopkins Syndrome.

ANY attention, however negative, turns him on :lol:

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Wed May 31, 2017 8:35 am

And Zooropa, MT's last two posts are a prime example as to why some get the grumps with him. He's just incapable of saying anything other than what has been said, by him, on countless occasions. As HEPZIBAH says, put up or shut up. Lets have this list and see just who is defrauding the UK out of their much needed migrant support funds.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Wed May 31, 2017 9:04 am

MT should feel very very lucky that he found someone to buy his property many have not.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Wed May 31, 2017 9:51 am

Dusak wrote:And Zooropa, MT's last two posts are a prime example as to why some get the grumps with him. He's just incapable of saying anything other than what has been said, by him, on countless occasions. As HEPZIBAH says, put up or shut up. Lets have this list and see just who is defrauding the UK out of their much needed migrant support funds.
I'd just like to make it clear. I am not suggesting that Major Thom should post here the names of anyone he believes is abusing the UK benefits and/or health system. This is not a name and shame site. I am suggesting that if he is so sure that any individual is defrauding or abusing the UK systems then he should report them to the UK authorities and let them deal with it.
-Aldous Huxley

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Zooropa » Wed May 31, 2017 9:57 am

Well, i know at least ten people who have retired/moved abroad and all of them are "living in Britain" for the purposes of Healthcare.

I dont advocate law breaking but i think its immoral to deny a person thats paid their taxes in the UK all/most of their life NHS treatment.

We think its our moral duty to allow refugees/immigrants immediate free access the minute they land regardless of how much they have/have not paid in but our own citizens that have propped it up via taxes their entire working life?

And they wonder why people are *****d off.

Its wrong and i wouldnt shop a single one of them.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom » Wed May 31, 2017 4:45 pm

Hepzi, this is not a put down or anything like it, but do you know how many people from Europe lived in Luxor 5 years ago, to how many people live in Luxor now? I do not myself but before I left there were supposed to have been over 2000 five years ago compared to around 200 when we left. For that amount of people to leave it does suggest something is not right. A mass movement of people in the space of 5 years suggests to me they have moved for different reasons, maybe due to health, maybe due to wanting a different life, maybe due to being asked to leave, maybe like us wanted a less stressful life. It's just that short space of time suggests something is not right. Also there are people that have left and left their homes in the hands of people to sell them, there were a couple near us.

Why should I shop someone like it has been suggested, if people can live with their consciences then so be it. Any how it does not matter anymore because passport movement is linked to Government Departments so those that are bucking the system will soon be caught out, when I was moved here. I put the wrong entry date, a typing error, I put 2nd when should have been 12th, it was quickly picked up on and I received a letter from the Pensions Department, I was fortunate to have kept my boarding passes to send to them and apologise.
I think you will find that with the NHS having so much financial difficulty, and Brexit negotiations going ahead, immigration is in the back burner until after the UK has left the EU. However there is a lot going on in the financial world and political world that is making the NHS, Care and their finances a number one priority.
Regarding if you have paid into a system or not, the UK is moving goal posts all the time ie Pension ages, amount of pension, care for the elderly. To me it seems that very soon it will be 70 to get your pension and your home will be limited to a certain amount of equity you can pass on to children. Also the pensions are to be a one off payment each month with the triple lock being out of the window. Don't forget other benefits such as winter fuel will be means tested. I am not trying to put a damper on things but Government payouts are really being investigated it seems.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom » Wed May 31, 2017 5:27 pm

I will just say though Luxor was getting too tedious for us to live in, the red tape, the corruption the inability to expand IT, and the haggling and hassle, just got too much for us. Also when prices started to go up at an alarming rate to get mine into a defunct exchequer it created more and more poverty, and it was a sorry sight to see everyday.

I have to say our lives have become much easier, less stressful and we are very much different people, we go out everyday, we eat out a lot there is such a big variety of different food. We like to go to the many places of entertainment too. We don't have to worry about health care, because Health Care insurance is 180€ only a year, for under 65's if you are 65 and over and claiming a state pension it free with Form S1. Hospitals are mainly manned with English and European Doctors and Nurses. If you need a Doctor you can go to the Hospital and you will be charged 10€ if you need to see a consultant on the very same day, you will see one at a cost of 30€ medication is inline with Luxor prices.
Tonight we are going to a beach party, with soul and Motown music, I would love to be able to put pictures on here to show you the place with its magnificent views, but no matter how I have tried they do not go to print. But then again on thinking maybe non of you would be interested any way. When in Luxor we went to bed most nights at 10 pm either exhausted or bored to tears now we are always up until midnight or after, going to shows, watching great entertainers, or just having a few beers in a local Taverna with new friends. I have said and will say it again Luxor was an experience to us, and experience we would not have missed, but the deterioration of the place made us realize we needed to get a new life. Ok Cyprus is not for everyone, but for us it suits us fine. I can meet old school friends that also retired here, we loved dancing so we can go out dancing most nights. In reality it would be fair to say the latter years of our time in Luxor really did not suit us, and that really will be my final say on Luxor.
Last edited by Major Thom on Wed May 31, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Wed May 31, 2017 5:30 pm

HEPZIBAH wrote:Major Thom, for some reason you fail to accept that the expats who post here all seem to be quite content with their chosen lives Luxor. You regularly comment about folk living there but who keep an address in the UK so they can claim benefits. If you you have evidence of this then report them to the correct authorities instead of making accusations here.

You have now chosen a different destination and it sounds as though you are enjoying it. Great! Make the most of it as you never know what is around the next corner.

Why does tourism - numbers and style - mean so much to you? Surely, as an individual with no personal financial commitment in tourism (or perhaps you have), it should make no real difference when choosing a place to settle down.

You say you are going to release this site from your mind. How can you do that if you are, as you later say, going to no longer write on it but continue to read it? I am surprised you have the inclination to do either, especially given your new busy and happy life.
Major Thom wrote:Hepzi, this is not a put down or anything like it, but do you know how many people from Europe lived in Luxor 5 years ago, to how many people live in Luxor now?
No, but then it is not something that has ever crossed my mind to think about.

Major Thom wrote:I do not myself but before I left there were supposed to have been over 2000 five years ago compared to around 200 when we left. For that amount of people to leave it does suggest something is not right. A mass movement of people in the space of 5 years suggests to me they have moved for different reasons, maybe due to health, maybe due to wanting a different life, maybe due to being asked to leave, maybe like us wanted a less stressful life. It's just that short space of time suggests something is not right. Also there are people that have left and left their homes in the hands of people to sell them, there were a couple near us.
'Different reasons' Exactly! People move for different reasons. Does that really need to be questioned? You mention the last 5 years but I would suggest it has been more evident in the last 7 years since the January 2011 revolution. Equally, there are people that have moved to Luxor, and others who still seek to move there, since that date.

Major Thom wrote:Why should I shop someone like it has been suggested, if people can live with their consciences then so be it.

Because it clearly bugs you. Other people's consciences should not be your concern, you are only responsible for your own. It is your choice to be part of the problem or the solution.
Major Thom wrote: Any how it does not matter anymore because passport movement is linked to Government Departments so those that are bucking the system will soon be caught out, when I was moved here. I put the wrong entry date, a typing error, I put 2nd when should have been 12th, it was quickly picked up on and I received a letter from the Pensions Department, I was fortunate to have kept my boarding passes to send to them and apologise.
I think you will find that with the NHS having so much financial difficulty, and Brexit negotiations going ahead, immigration is in the back burner until after the UK has left the EU. However there is a lot going on in the financial world and political world that is making the NHS, Care and their finances a number one priority.
Regarding if you have paid into a system or not, the UK is moving goal posts all the time ie Pension ages, amount of pension, care for the elderly. To me it seems that very soon it will be 70 to get your pension and your home will be limited to a certain amount of equity you can pass on to children. Also the pensions are to be a one off payment each month with the triple lock being out of the window. Don't forget other benefits such as winter fuel will be means tested. I am not trying to put a damper on things but Government payouts are really being investigated it seems.
I can't be bothered to address the rest of your post above as it doesn't respond to the questions I asked you earlier.
-Aldous Huxley

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom » Wed May 31, 2017 5:37 pm

If people cannot sell property they should do what they do in the UK during a recession and drop the price. I made nothing on mine Bombay because everything was left in it. But that's the price you pay to get away. I have though to feel sorry for those that are stuck with property they cannot sell, they must by now be very depressed.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Wed May 31, 2017 5:48 pm

Major Thom wrote:I will just say though Luxor was getting too tedious for us to live in, the red tape, the corruption the inability to expand IT, and the haggling and hassle, just got too much for us. Also when prices started to go up at an alarming rate to get mine into a defunct exchequer it created more and more poverty, and it was a sorry sight to see everyday.

I have to say our lives have become much easier, less stressful and we are very much different people, we go out everyday, we eat out a lot there is such a big variety of different food. We like to go to the many places of entertainment too. We don't have to worry about health care, because Health Care insurance is 180€ only a year, for under 65's if you are 65 and over and claiming a state pension it free with Form S1. Hospitals are mainly manned with English and European Doctors and Nurses. If you need a Doctor you can go to the Hospital and you will be charged 10€ if you need to see a consultant on the very same day, you will see one at a cost of 30€ medication is inline with Luxor prices.
Tonight we are going to a beach party, with soul and Motown music, I would love to be able to put pictures on here to show you the place with its magnificent views, but no matter how I have tried they do not go to print. But then again on thinking maybe non of you would be interested any way. When in Luxor we went to bed most nights at 10 pm either exhausted or bored to tears now we are always up until midnight or after, going to shows, watching great entertainers, or just having a few beers in a local Taverna with new friends. I have said and will say it again Luxor was an experience to us, and experience we would not have missed, but the deterioration of the place made us realize we needed to get a new life. Ok Cyprus is not for everyone, but for us it suits us fine. I can meet old school friends that also retired here, we loved dancing so we can go out dancing most nights. In reality it would be fair to say the latter years of our time in Luxor really did not suit us, and that really will be my final say on Luxor.
:stp Yes, YES! We get it. We got it the first time you wrote it. We don't need to be told it all again, and again, and again, and... :zz
-Aldous Huxley

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:50 am

Bombay wrote:MT should feel very very lucky that he found someone to buy his property many have not.
Egypt is no different than any place else, its a buyers market. I could quite easily sell mine at half the original cost and walk away happy. But I prefer to stay here.
HEPZIBAH wrote:
Dusak wrote:And Zooropa, MT's last two posts are a prime example as to why some get the grumps with him. He's just incapable of saying anything other than what has been said, by him, on countless occasions. As HEPZIBAH says, put up or shut up. Lets have this list and see just who is defrauding the UK out of their much needed migrant support funds.
I'd just like to make it clear. I am not suggesting that Major Thom should post here the names of anyone he believes is abusing the UK benefits and/or health system. This is not a name and shame site. I am suggesting that if he is so sure that any individual is defrauding or abusing the UK systems then he should report them to the UK authorities and let them deal with it.
That would never happen HEPZIBAH, and if a list were ever posted, it would, in all probability, be a 'has' been list. :lol:
This site is excellent for those with the onset of alzheimer's, you'll never grow tired of reading the same posts. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.