Electronics banned on some US flights from Middle East

Get the best advice about your holiday in Luxor.

Moderators: Horus, DJKeefy, 4u Network

John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Re: Electronics banned on some US flights from Middle East

Post by John Landon » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:43 pm

Imagine if they tried to implement this on European flights and how much western business's would be affected by not being able to take their laptops...... just saying.... :ct

I wonder how many Europeans planning holidays on the back of this new restriction are just going to say "Sod it, I'm going to Benidorm this year"...

newcastle
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by newcastle » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:57 pm

I found the following article quite informative re the current situation...and particularly the risk to your laptop etc and what you might do to mitigate it :

The United States and United Kingdom have announced that laptops, e-readers and almost any other electronic device that is not a phone will be banned from cabin luggage on some flights.
The US rule only applies to 10 airports, but one of those is the world's busiest international airport - Dubai International.
The UK ban does not include Dubai, and only has six countries on the list.

Which items are affected?.....etc.....etc....

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada ... 18?SThisFB

BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer

Post by BBLUX » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:10 pm

Winged Isis wrote:
FABlux wrote: A 5 hour flight with no kindles is going to be fun too isn't it! :xx

Um, there's always a book Fran. ;)
Have you ever tried to buy a decent English language book in Luxor...then you would know the answer to that! :D

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:04 pm

Aboudi next to the visa office has thousands of them and in all languages...... 8)
Ps: They should ban all phones upon entering the departure lounge prats can't live without them...
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:23 pm

John Landon wrote:Imagine if they tried to implement this on European flights and how much western business's would be affected by not being able to take their laptops...... just saying.... :ct

I wonder how many Europeans planning holidays on the back of this new restriction are just going to say "Sod it, I'm going to Benidorm this year"...
Next to none

LGBT

Post by LGBT » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:57 pm

Zooropa wrote:
I would not worry, if your "stripped naked" directive comes into force there will be more than enough entertainment inflight!

As long as Nicole Kidman was aboard.
Why do you try to come across straight Zooropa??? :stp when the majority of people who knows you knows you are GAY!!! :rs
No point trying to cover it up you will just make a bigger hole. :st Many GAY people have been married and have offspring. :up

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Zooropa » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:25 pm

LGBT wrote:
Zooropa wrote:
I would not worry, if your "stripped naked" directive comes into force there will be more than enough entertainment inflight!

As long as Nicole Kidman was aboard.
Why do you try to come across straight Zooropa??? :stp when the majority of people who knows you knows you are GAY!!! :rs
No point trying to cover it up you will just make a bigger hole. :st Many GAY people have been married and have offspring. :up
I am Gay yes, so what?

I would love Nicole Kidman on the flight because she has such wonderful hair and i would love to know her secret.

Im not trying to hide anything darling.

xxxx

Horus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Horus » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:06 pm

My apologies Zooropa, but sometimes a trolling A***hole manages to get through and make an obnoxious post. I have also deleted your own response to them so as not confuse the thread as your reply would be out of context, I trust you will understand the situation. :up
In addition I have also banned the member on a permanent basis, that sort of post will not be tolerated

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Zooropa » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:27 pm

Horus wrote:My apologies Zooropa, but sometimes a trolling A***hole manages to get through and make an obnoxious post. I have also deleted your own response to them so as not confuse the thread as your reply would be out of context, I trust you will understand the situation. :up
In addition I have also banned the member on a permanent basis, that sort of post will not be tolerated
No problem Horus and thank you, quite funny actually, it bothers me not what sexuality people think i am.

However, it is a mystery isnt it?

Who posted not my sexuality!
Last edited by Zooropa on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Zooropa » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:29 pm

Bombay wrote:
John Landon wrote:Imagine if they tried to implement this on European flights and how much western business's would be affected by not being able to take their laptops...... just saying.... :ct

Next to none
Probably an accurate count but im one of them, sadly.

Although Benidorm doesnt appeal at all.....

Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:23 pm

BBLUX wrote:
Winged Isis wrote:
FABlux wrote: A 5 hour flight with no kindles is going to be fun too isn't it! :xx

Um, there's always a book Fran. ;)
Have you ever tried to buy a decent English language book in Luxor...then you would know the answer to that! :D
True, I'd forgotten that.

I don't bother reading on flights as you are interrupted so many times, one way or another, and I can read at home anytime. I prefer to use the time to watch movies that I've never seen as I don't always have the chance to before they leave the cinemas.
Carpe diem! :le:

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:01 am

According to the news, the terror group IS have been looking very closely at creating explosive devices within such technology according to the intelligence gathering sectors. Hens the ban. But all they need do, in my opinion, is plant such a device, when created, in a country that is not covered by these new regulations. For it to stand any chance of such a rule working, it needs to be worldwide.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:23 am

Dusak, I share your thoughts. I've been trying to understand the specifics of the present new rules and it does not make sense to me. Equally, I don't see how it is going to be easy to operate at airports. I think that it is likely to become an overall ruling before long, not really because of airline security but because of airport operational efficiency.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:57 am

in this day and age if these things are not spotted going through security it does not say much about airport security. Better checking them at the gate than not checking in the unchecked hold luggage. Quote from an Aviation security expert.

newcastle
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by newcastle » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:00 pm

HEPZIBAH wrote:Dusak, I share your thoughts. I've been trying to understand the specifics of the present new rules and it does not make sense to me. Equally, I don't see how it is going to be easy to operate at airports. I think that it is likely to become an overall ruling before long, not really because of airline security but because of airport operational efficiency.
Or they might decide it was a silly, impracticable over-reaction, applied with no logic or consistency....and drop the idea ;)
Of course they won't. Far easier to leave a spurious "protection" on the books than admit it was a mistake