THIS IS EGYPT Where It All Begins

Get the best advice about your holiday in Luxor.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

THIS IS EGYPT Where It All Begins

Post by Bombay »

The new video from the Ministry Of Tourism.

Perhaps someone can post the video?
Last edited by Bombay on Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: THIS IS EGYPT

Post by BENNU »

phpBB [video]

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: THIS IS EGYPT

Post by BENNU »

https://egyptianstreets.com/2016/10/27/ ... nal-video/ :

Egypt’s Ministry of Tourism has released a new promotional video for its “This is Egypt” campaign, which aims to bring tourists back to Egypt.

The video includes footage of Egypt’s diverse attractions, including historical sites such as the pyramids and Pharaonic temples, in addition to its nightlife.

The ministry had signed a three-year contract with advertising agency J. Walter Thompson worth USD 66 million to promote tourism worldwide and improve Egypt’s image in 27 tourism markets.

Last year, then-Minister of Tourism Hisham Zaazou launched the #ThisIsEgypt campaign along with a promotional video aimed at bringing tourists back to Egypt.

Egypt’s Ministry of Tourism has released a new promotional video for its “This is Egypt” campaign, which aims to bring tourists back to Egypt.

The video includes footage of Egypt’s diverse attractions, including historical sites such as the pyramids and Pharaonic temples, in addition to its nightlife.

The ministry had signed a three-year contract with advertising agency J. Walter Thompson worth USD 66 million to promote tourism worldwide and improve Egypt’s image in 27 tourism markets.

Last year, then-Minister of Tourism Hisham Zaazou launched the #ThisIsEgypt campaign along with a promotional video aimed at bringing tourists back to Egypt.

However, the first video was met with mixed reactions, with some pointing out that it was not truly representative of “the real Egypt,” while others said the selection of footage is understandable considering the campaign’s agenda.

“What do you expect them to include in an advertisement about tourism though? Slums and homeless people?” Salma Hamed, 23, said.

“I thought it was a good video until the end,” said 20-year-old Tessa Fodder. “But, do Egyptians need to be reminded what their country is like in order to hashtag to encourage tourism?”

While the first video was geared towards Egyptians and encouraged them to “experience Egypt” and us the #ThisIsEgypt hashtag on social media, the second caters to foreigners Egypt is trying to attract once again.

:a11: :a48: :a47: :bd2: :sd: :2luv: :le: :a44:

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Re: THIS IS EGYPT Where It All Begins

Post by carrie »

I like it, short and sweet, hope it works.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

It is refreshing to see. I like that it really does let the scenes speak for themselves.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom »

Have not looked but presumably the night life it showed was not in Luxor, because there is non, compared to nearly every other City in Egypt. Just had a quick look, where is the Disco, looks great, and full of fun. I think for Brits the place is now starting to get exspensive, and due to no flights and no competition they are quite exspensive, more so now the only budget airline flying to Luxor has given up the ghost. The exchange rate and the now high cost of goods in Egypt will put many off. Sorry to mention this but Stella has doubled in price the past 2 years, wine is a lot more exspensive than in Europe, and entry to the sites has now become also exspensive. I would imagine to have a good holiday here you need £1000 per person for a fortnight. Unless you are a regular tourist who goes to bed at 10pm due to lack of things to do. People need to be entertained on holiday, not bored to tears, or tired out running around looking for public toilets.
Last edited by Major Thom on Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU »

Major Thom wrote:Have not looked but presumably the night life it showed was not in Luxor, because there is non, compared to nearly every other City in Egypt.
So, people who are looking for nightlife can go to nearly every other city in Egypt after sightseeing in Luxor. That is not bad.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom »

No people like to sight seeduringthe day and let their hair down at night, honestly where would you go to let your hairdown? I have not got has much as yourself, but still like to let a few strands down every now and then. :lol:

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom »

One or two days like the Chinese is long enough to sight see, and if you look at their faces they don't seem to enjoy it,

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Not every tourist needs to have 'entertainment' laid on for them. Some have independence and imagination and are perfectly capable of filling in their waking hours. It's all about mindset and expectation, with a bit of imagination thrown in.

If people want Butlins, they'll go to Butlins - or they should do.
-Aldous Huxley

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU »

Major Thom wrote:No people like to sight seeduringthe day and let their hair down at night, honestly where would you go to let your hairdown? I have not got has much as yourself, but still like to let a few strands down every now and then. :lol:
My friends have enjoyed eight days of sightseeing, now they are partying like crazy in Cairo, while dreaming of coming back to Upper Egypt for more visits to temples and tombs and sailing on The Nile.

I let my hair down in Cairo, Copenhagen and Luxor, but then I prefer to lift it while ondulating to a taksim or a mawal and let it down with a shimmy. :ct

hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by hatusu »

MT wrote " One or two days like the Chinese is long enough to sight see,"

??????????????????????????

Ive lived here for 10 yrs and Im still going out sightseeing

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Major Thom wrote:No people like to sight seeduringthe day and let their hair down at night, honestly where would you go to let your hairdown? I have not got has much as yourself, but still like to let a few strands down every now and then. :lol:
It's a video about EGYPT not Luxor.

If that was the life you were expecting you should have moved to one of the Red Sea Resorts or Benidorm.

Even in the period before 2011 Luxor's nightlife was way behind those resorts and mainly hotel based. Going by the amount of visitors in Luxor in the good old days the percentage that were in local bars etc was very small and a good proportion of those looking for something to stave off night starvation.
Last edited by Bombay on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

If I was looking for a holiday destination with riotous night life, Egypt generally (let alone somewhere like Luxor) wouldn't be high on my list.

Correction. It wouldn't be on my list AT ALL !

In my experience most tourists know what to expect...and what's best to do.

Up at the crack of dawn to enjoy the fresh air and cooler temperatures. A day snorkeling or diving, maybe a bit of horse riding or a desert safari. A boat trip out to the islands with their Caribbean-like beaches. Dolphins abound and we've even had regular visits by whale sharks and real whales this year!

Of course Luxor doesn't have the sea....but you can sail on the world's longest river and explore the most impressive archaeological sites in the world. It would take you a month to see half of them.

The middle of the day can be a bit scorching....probably explains why most hotels have swimming pools and water parks for the kids.

I envy those who have the energy to still be anxious for entertainment after 10pm. How they get up and enjoy the next day is beyond me.

If you check out social media, Egypt is a destination that attracts repeat visitors...despite the 'fact' there's nothing to do.

Barmy...the lot of them. ;)

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU »

Major Thom wrote:Have not looked but presumably the night life it showed was not in Luxor, because there is non, compared to nearly every other City in Egypt. Just had a quick look, where is the Disco, looks great, and full of fun.

You'll find discos like this all over the world, you do not need to leave UK ...if you still have enough hair to be let in, of course ...

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Ministry Of Sound, Hedkandi, Papas Beach Club to name but a few.

You don't think Sharm was in the top five most popular destinations for holiday makers from Europe year in year out with NO NIGHTLIFE.

Hurghada the top destination for Russian Tourists in the World with NO NIGHTLIFE.

You chose the wrong place to let that hair down. But then again you always reported back on your trips to the Red Sea so you did have chance to let it down.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Well I am off to the Red Sea next week, will not be looking to let my hair down in some "club" if that is what people want no wonder they make such a mistake moving here in the first place.
I went to Cairo for a couple of weeks, visiting the pyramids, wandering round looking for the gates, visiting the citadel, getting lost in Atabar, the museum for the fourth time, the Coptic churches, still have lots to explore. Last thing I wanted to do was gallivant at night.

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Major Thom wrote:Have not looked but presumably the night life it showed was not in Luxor, because there is non, compared to nearly every other City in Egypt. Just had a quick look, where is the Disco, looks great, and full of fun. I think for Brits the place is now starting to get exspensive, and due to no flights and no competition they are quite exspensive, more so now the only budget airline flying to Luxor has given up the ghost. The exchange rate and the now high cost of goods in Egypt will put many off. Sorry to mention this but Stella has doubled in price the past 2 years, wine is a lot more exspensive than in Europe, and entry to the sites has now become also exspensive. I would imagine to have a good holiday here you need £1000 per person for a fortnight. Unless you are a regular tourist who goes to bed at 10pm due to lack of things to do. People need to be entertained on holiday, not bored to tears, or tired out running around looking for public toilets.
What is actually the point of your post?
For your information you are not the founding member nor the only member of the "I lost Money in Egypt Club"

Others have moved on, others continue to support the best they can the Country they chose to live in warts and all (if you want warts look at plenty of other places first!)

And of course others like yourself can and do continue to moan belittle and continuously harp on like a broken record with no intention of change.

Life is full of lessons learn from yours and move on as we all have to, no one on here is going to provide a magic cure for their own problems let alone your's or for that matter the country as a whole.

Move on.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Major Thom wrote:Have not looked but presumably the night life it showed was not in Luxor, because there is non, compared to nearly every other City in Egypt. Just had a quick look, where is the Disco, looks great, and full of fun. I think for Brits the place is now starting to get exspensive, and due to no flights and no competition they are quite exspensive, more so now the only budget airline flying to Luxor has given up the ghost. The exchange rate and the now high cost of goods in Egypt will put many off. Sorry to mention this but Stella has doubled in price the past 2 years, wine is a lot more exspensive than in Europe, and entry to the sites has now become also exspensive. I would imagine to have a good holiday here you need £1000 per person for a fortnight. Unless you are a regular tourist who goes to bed at 10pm due to lack of things to do. People need to be entertained on holiday, not bored to tears, or tired out running around looking for public toilets.
Say NO! to him :a9: :a9: :a9: :a9:
BENNU wrote:
phpBB [video]
Say YES to these. :a44: :a25: :hug: :le: :2luv:

Those that believe in God also believe in Evil. You can't have just the one as a balance has to be maintained for perfect order. You need to do this to help to keep the evil at bay. :a33: :a19:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.
Marcus Aurelius.
-Aldous Huxley