Does it really matter what you wear?

Get the best advice about your holiday in Luxor.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Miss scarlett

Re: Does it really matter what you wear?

Post by Miss scarlett » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:28 pm

Oh, Scottish Tourist do tell about your underwear! Marks and Spencer full briefs, or even a thong! A lady I know who is 79 regularly hangs out her thongs on the line to dry! Can't abide the things, not comfy at all! Or maybe you are more Agent Provacteur?

On a serious note, just wondered what the egyptian ladies admired of your attire. Love the fact they stripped you down. You certainly do have a lovely rapport with your families out there.

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:56 pm

Tesco "Florence and Fred"for everyday wear..and "Gossard"for a special occasion Miss Scarlett!

They like the black underwear against the white skin.Matching bra and high cut pants!!
They also like the matching white underwear.

Have you seen the stuff they sell in Egyptian Market?
Tacky,nylon,a perfect recipe for thrush!!

They have shown me their own underwear..then have asked me to bring over the stuff we buy here,lol!!!

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:02 pm

HEPZIBAH wrote:I have no problem looking like a sack of potatoes. It is a style I am comfortable with and have invested a lifetime in cultivating it.
:)
Well more fool you then Hepzibah!

Embrace the assets that God has given you..instead of hiding them!!

It ain't a style.It's a slur on your individuality!

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:06 pm

Scottishtourist wrote:
HEPZIBAH wrote:I have no problem looking like a sack of potatoes. It is a style I am comfortable with and have invested a lifetime in cultivating it.
:)
Well more fool you then Hepzibah!

Embrace the assets that God has given you..instead of hiding them!!

It ain't a style.It's a slur on your individuality!
No. Your comment was a slur on my individuality though!
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:12 pm

HEPZIBAH wrote: No. Your comment was a slur on my individuality though!
So what do you do then?
Run around in UK wearing nice clothes,supportive underwear,and looking nice and attractive?

Then you visit Luxor and cultivate a look for "approval?"
One you would never consider in UK?

Why?

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:17 pm

Scottishtourist wrote:
HEPZIBAH wrote: No. Your comment was a slur on my individuality though!
So what do you do then?
Run around in UK wearing nice clothes,supportive underwear,and looking nice and attractive?

Then you visit Luxor and cultivate a look for "approval?"
One you would never consider in UK?

Why?
:roll: :lol:

Words fail me!
-Aldous Huxley

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:33 pm

I can fully understand, comprehend and emphasize with Hepzibah on this one - cause I clone her position ;) ;) Has taken me years to develop a shabby chic with a bit to the comfy frump style that is acceptable everywhere, totally comfortable and ME! ;) ;) ;)

Miss scarlett

Post by Miss scarlett » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:47 pm

ST, yes I have seen the nylon underwear in the shops, it's looks very static. I am always surprised to see the 'dressing up' outfits in some of the shops too. Bit like Anne Summers all displayed in the window.

I suppose the men buy it, and just like the UK, they buy it in the wrong size! Love looking in the local shops, and always surprised by the price of things, when they are displayed too. The cost of some of the childrens clothing seems as expensive as in the UK.

When there is a price displayed in the windows, do the egyptians still haggle?

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:32 pm

It's quite interesting this appropriate thing because it works both ways.

Many years ago my husband didn't feel it was appropriate to wear his gallabeya and big arbeya on a trip to Sainsburys in rural Kent. I said I would be proud to walk with him whatever he was wearing as long as it didn't offend a sense of decency. So he did and was, it must be admitted, greeted with friendly smiles by all and sundry. He still felt that it wasn't appropriate though no one was offended.

How would you feel ST if a casual female visitor attended a service in your church, maybe mass, wearing just a grass skirt and some beads and accompanied by a chap just wearing a bone through his nose and a penis guard..................ok if they were tourists from some foreign nation? What if they were local born and bred and just felt comfortable wearing these things? :ni:
Smile! It confuses people

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:37 pm

Mad Dilys wrote:
How would you feel ST if a casual female visitor attended a service in your church, maybe mass, wearing just a grass skirt and some beads and accompanied by a chap just wearing a bone through his nose and a penis guard..................ok if they were tourists from some foreign nation? What if they were local born and bred and just felt comfortable wearing these things? :ni:

Interesting comment, especially as I've been wondering about the obligation for a woman to cover her head during catholic mass. I don't know if that still applies but I know it used to be the case. Would I be rejected if I turned up bare headed or would I be given something to wear on my head, regardless of my own choice not to cover my head.
-Aldous Huxley

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:47 pm

Mad Dilys wrote:It's quite interesting this appropriate thing because it works both ways.

Many years ago my husband didn't feel it was appropriate to wear his gallabeya and big arbeya on a trip to Sainsburys in rural Kent. I said I would be proud to walk with him whatever he was wearing as long as it didn't offend a sense of decency. So he did and was, it must be admitted, greeted with friendly smiles by all and sundry. He still felt that it wasn't appropriate though no one was offended.

Not too sure what you're getting at here MD.

But will just say that in our Catholic Church in an industrial area,,these things have happened!!

Missionaries from Malawi,Burundi,parts of Africa all relating interesting tales..and asking for our assistance!

We accept them,give aid,and put money in plate in order to emancipate the faith!

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:41 pm

HEPZIBAH wrote:

Interesting comment, especially as I've been wondering about the obligation for a woman to cover her head during catholic mass. I don't know if that still applies but I know it used to be the case. Would I be rejected if I turned up bare headed or would I be given something to wear on my head, regardless of my own choice not to cover my head.[/quote]

Dunno where you have been for last 40 years or so Hepzibah!

But you are SO wrong!

There is no obligation for a woman to cover her head at Catholic Mass anymore!You would not be given anything to wear on your head,,nor would you be expected to do so!

The days of "mantillas"are long gone!

We are accepted as we are!

Beautiful hymn..."take me Lord,as I am..this is all I can offer.
Here today,I,the clay..will be moulded by YOUR love."

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:25 pm

Blimy you girls and your clothes, 3 pages on clothes you would and would not wear, and you wonder why men hate going shopping with you jesus…. :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Zooropa » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:26 pm

Scottishtourist wrote:
HEPZIBAH wrote:

Interesting comment, especially as I've been wondering about the obligation for a woman to cover her head during catholic mass. I don't know if that still applies but I know it used to be the case. Would I be rejected if I turned up bare headed or would I be given something to wear on my head, regardless of my own choice not to cover my head.
Dunno where you have been for last 40 years or so Hepzibah!

But you are SO wrong!

There is no obligation for a woman to cover her head at Catholic Mass anymore!You would not be given anything to wear on your head,,nor would you be expected to do so!

The days of "mantillas"are long gone!

We are accepted as we are!

Beautiful hymn..."take me Lord,as I am..this is all I can offer.
Here today,I,the clay..will be moulded by YOUR love."[/quote]

I tried so very hard but I couldn't resist.....

The only thing the Catholic church requires to be covered these days are the acts of their paedophile priests.

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:24 am

Well, let's get back to,......Does it matter what you wear ?

It matters most important that in Egypt the average person knows a great deal about the material that goes into making a quality suit. A linen suit always looks cheap and nasty and often looks as though you may have slept in it the previous night which is often worn by so called quality tourist from Europe. However, if you choose a silk - linen suit, most of the creases are removed, the suit wears well, and will last three times longer than the average wool suit, and will always look far more superior, and of course is very cool, though sad to say, few in the West know the difference. It is almost impossible these days to find such a suiting material in the U.K.

With regards to a overcoat, it must be light hard wearing, but more important keep you warm in the Winter evenings in Egypt, therefore it must be a wool - cashmere mix, not cheap, but then it will last a life time.

All other clothes must be of cotton, the finest possible that can be found, and that of course is Egyptian, but certainly not the rough material that is available in Luxor.

The next and final thing is a hat, which is used for two reasons, one, to keep the sun from your eyes, therefore never any need for sun glasses, and two, to avoid your eyes meeting some ones you would rather not speak to. You should always know when to remove a hat. You should never enter a building or speak to a person without removing your hat first. If you do not, it's similar to some one who is talking to you while they are wearing sun glasses, or even worse those mirror sun glasses, I am sure you know what I mean.

The rest is nothing to do with clothes but how some one walks, whether man or woman, never walk fast, always walk as though you are in control. For a woman it is important to learn how to walk up and down stairs without looking down.

Yes, all these things I have written above have really gone in Britain these days, but as I have written in the past on here, ideas of how a Western person should portray themselves in the East, or Middle East is at least 50 years behind how things have changed in the West, if you don't believe me, ask the average Egyptian the difference between wool and cashmere, and he will tell you.

Most of the so called designer clothes in Europe of today, are of poor quality material, though stupid people buy because of a name, where in fact an equal quality item can be bought from Primark, for a fraction of the price. An Alexandra Mc Queen jacket for a man is around £1,700, the difference between last years model and this years, is that the buttons are different, though a celeb would not be seen dead in last years version. Even Paul Smith is turning out crap these days,.........though people buy, because they have no idea of the feel of quality.

My grandmother taught me that when ever you are confronted by a line of knives and forks on a table in a restaurant, it matters not which ones you choose as long as you enjoy the meal, though those that pretend to know the difference, will never enjoy their meal.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:54 am

Scottishtourist wrote:
Mad Dilys wrote:It's quite interesting this appropriate thing because it works both ways.

Not too sure what you're getting at here MD.

But will just say that in our Catholic Church in an industrial area,,these things have happened!!

Missionaries from Malawi,Burundi,parts of Africa all relating interesting tales..and asking for our assistance!

We accept them,give aid,and put money in plate in order to emancipate the faith!
I can only suppose that if one was visiting Scotland wearing a penis guard, two sizes would have to be taken, one medium while traveling from, one small on arrival. Its all about temperature control. From :hot: to :vc:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Kymmy

Post by Kymmy » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:01 am

Look how far you have come

And how far you have got to go

How much experience and wisdom

To others, you can show

Look at what a grand journey

Your life has been until now

As we raise a toast to your life

We stand up and take a bow

Glyph doctor
Totally agree western ladies in scarves etc look a fool out of sync swimming in a sea of sharks lol