Taste of India

Get the best advice about your holiday in Luxor.

Moderators: Horus, DJKeefy, 4u Network

Angela

Taste of India

Post by Angela » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:45 am

I have some family over and we were going to have a film night and get a takeaway.

Does The Taste of India prepare food to take away? The dream is that we call in, place our order, then come in and collect. We went in there last year to see if there were any copies of the menu that we could takeaway to keep at home but I think the Waiters thought we were competitors so we walked away menu less. Alternatively, is there anywhere online that details the menu, prices and a phone number.

Any help appreciated!

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Taste of India

Post by Dusak » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:44 am

Most restaurants seem to shy away from giving out their menu's, maybe they suspect that competitors will use it to their advantage but at the end of the day its the quality of the food which The Taste of India excels at, or perhaps its just the cost of producing a load of extra menu's.. The Taste of India do provide a take away service and have done for as long as I can remember. My freezer is full of them.

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:39 am

This is a scan of the OLD menu at the OLD prices for A Taste Of India and this is the phone number and Take Away is available 01093732727.
I am currently producing a combined Take Away menu for A Taste Of India, The Fortune Cookie The King And Thai and Oasis Cafe.

11646 11647 11648
11649 11650

R

Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:08 pm

I seem to remember reading that at one time there were two Oasis Cafes? If there still is, which is yours and where 'tis, please?
Carpe diem! :le:

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Brian Yare » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:47 pm

I'm not sur what the point is? Why not enjoy a meal out, and then retire to watch a DVD.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:38 am

Point of? No taxi there and back, no noisy customers disturbing your night, no getting your food when the kitchen decides to send it out, no discussions as to whether the tip is enough .......you can't beat the odd night in with friends, to eat, laugh, and a good pirate copy of the latest blockbuster. If I had friends here this is what I would organize but sadly woe is me for I have to live my life in an existence of loneliness. PS This is just a generalization, not aimed at one particular restaurant.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:50 am

Brian Yare wrote:I'm not sur what the point is? Why not enjoy a meal out, and then retire to watch a DVD.
Does there have to be a point? If there, is surely it's clear from Angela's post - which equals their personal choice. There may be one or a combination of reasons why she and her family don't want to eat out on this occasion, but surely that is there business!
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Zooropa » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:15 am

A good pirate copy of the latest blockbuster? Is stealing other peoples money Legal in Egypt?

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:23 pm

Zooropa wrote: Is stealing other peoples money Legal in Egypt?
Oh good God yes Zooropa. The likes of Sony Media, Virgin Records, H.M.V., BskyB, just to mention a few in the U.K, have been ripping people off for years.
Last edited by A-Four on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:24 pm

Yes it is, we all have a very special position in Egyptian society that allows this, its called the do as every one else does across the globe agreement. So Zooropa, have you never watched a copy film in your life, or smuggled in those few extra cigs or booze or fiddled your expenses or not paid for a car parking space as you will only be a 'couple of seconds or obtained a sick note to give you extra time off from work or picked something up of the street and kept it instead of handing it into the cop shop? I think, unless your name is Jesus, if we all think carefully we are all guilty of abusing the system one way or another. Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone.

Angela

Post by Angela » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:52 pm

Thanks Russell for the info, much appreciated.

Just for Brian's benefit, as I actually live here it is sometimes nice to do really far out, random things, like have a takeaway. Far fetched I know. As I have two young children its difficult to go out for family evening meals when family visit, so this is the ideal solution. :-)

Goddess
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Goddess » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:26 pm

:o

A takeaway, Angela??!!
How very dare you!!
Get thyself all dressed up, get your kids all in their togs, get your handbag packed with the ten million bits of equipment you'll need to have a meal out with kiddos in tow, order two taxis to get yourselves, your kids and your guests out to the restaurant ........

Lord have Mercy!

Thank God for Alex society where not only is home delivery and take out the best thing since Hovis sliced it .....but you get yourselves a nice 10% discount from the Chinese for not wasting their electric and washing up your plates.

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Zooropa » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:57 pm

watched a copied film? no, never go over my limit although i dont agree with the low allowance, never fiddled my expenses, dont drive, dont obtain sick notes, im a freelance so i work when i want/can get it and dont get paid when i take holiday/sick leave. My ex wife lost her purse a few weeks before our first born came along, i was on a low wage at the time and it made a real negative difference so i would never not hand anything in.

I think that answers your questions Dursak,

Have i broken the law? technically yes, im sure i have many times.

Am i a paragan of virtue? No.

What kind of system would we have if we could all justify our wrong doings by pointing out other peoples, we wouldnt need jails because as you have accurately pointed out we are none of us without fault. As for jesus and sin, well your barking up the wrong tree there im an Atheist so thats a rule i dont have to observe.

I wasnt actually judging, i didnt criticise, i just thought it would be interesting to know the state of copyright law in Egypt.

A-Four, apples with pears, the entities you mention all profer services/goods, choice to buy at the given rate is yours, much like the haggle system in Egypt. Thats not theft.

So, what is the Copyright law over there?

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:22 pm

As it stands, I think there is little of no copyrights in Egypt or the rest of the Middle East, as I am sure on a local level the proprietors of 'Tesco' and 'Sainsbury's' in Little Britain, Luxor would tell you.

With regards to the media companies I mentioned above, I should have added the fact that they all play the cartel game, which applies to most companies in the U.K., these days.

Many years ago now, I met by chance a very senior director of the Coca-Cola Company at a hotel in Cairo. I asked him why was it so that a small bottle of that stuff in Luxor at that time cost 25pts (or 4 for 1 LE), while in London it 60p. He told me that his company charged what ever the local market would take.

Its the same with cinemas, to see the latest James Bond film now showing in Cairo will cost you about £1-00, in London it was about £12-00. It's as simple as that.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:55 pm

And let us not forget, you can buy almost any copy of the latest sports gear, mobile phones excreta all over Egypt on open sale. Didn't Egypt recently get caught out by supplying their sports people with copy Nike footwear?

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Zooropa » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:59 pm

I agree A-Four, it is a cartel but its still not theft, you dont have to buy it. You could go and buy fair trade products. "what the market will take" thats correct, and the market takes it. As with most things the power resides with the people, but its seldom weilded.

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:20 pm

Zooropa wrote:I agree A-Four, it is a cartel but its still not theft, you dont have to buy it. You could go and buy fair trade products. "what the market will take" thats correct, and the market takes it. As with most things the power resides with the people, but its seldom weilded.
Try telling that to an old lady, who has gone through World War II, and now lives in a flat in winter, and she is afraid to use either electricity or gas, because of the power supply cartel, you, I and every one in Britain know that's rigged.

I am sorry Zooropa, but when l leave my home, if l turn left, with in three mins walking, l am in the City of London, perhaps the richest part of the U.K.,If l turn right with in 3 mins walk, I am in one of the poorest parts of the U.K., known as Watney Market. Both are worlds apart,...............and I have learn't an awful lot recently about the REAL world that is the U.K.,.......................and it ain't good.

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Zooropa » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:36 pm

As i have already agreed, it is a cartel, so im not sure what else i can say. The original point was that watching pirated material is illegal and whether you choose to find it acceptable or not is in fact theft.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:28 am

I suppose its a little late to say that when I said pirate copy I was referring to Pirates of the Caribbean which is legally available in all good stores? :up

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Zooropa » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:40 am

Dursak, i knew that all along! Hey, watch away, i was just being annoying.