Monuments closed......sign of things to come?

Get the best advice about your holiday in Luxor.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Countessa
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Countessa » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:09 am

hehehe @Goddess - as long as there's enough dippy finger ink, then we're sorted!!

Found this site about the forthcomng Luxor elections: http://www.luxorelections.com

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure...

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Brian Yare » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:09 pm

Thanks for the link, Countessa. Should have been a lot more useful than the usual snapping of hoi polloi. But unfortunately the linked site has exceeded its bandwidth, so I can not yet access it.

Are the elections being monitored by any international body? After the fiascos of the last 30 years I would expect that the 'protestors' would welcome UN or Arab League monitoring. Now I expect hoi polloi to spout off that the Egyptians do not want or need such credance.

jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by jewel » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:22 pm

This is a good chart

http://www.thedailynewsegypt.com/egypt- ... ained.html

Hope that will make it crystal clear! ;)

Also from ahwa talk

http://ahwatalk.com/2011/11/15/egypts-e ... arliament/
I don't have a plan......so nothing can go wrong!

Countessa
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Countessa » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:09 am

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure...

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Chocolate Eclair » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:10 pm

think the question is not about being civilised more of do we have a system in Egypt, the answer is yes!! we have a system, and that is the end of that answer ha ha!!!

Ayisha Hassan
Egypt

Post by Ayisha Hassan » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:09 am

jewel wrote:I do not need or wish to come to Egypt at this moment in time thank you, I know many people resident there Egyptian and non Egyptian, and I spent more time there over the years than even you probably......what is the saying "you sometimes are not able to see the wood for the trees", when you are caught up by small details you cannot see the bigger picture?
Like the ethics of absolute freedom.
ROFL thank you so much for the laugh of the day Jewel, maybe you should think about the ethics of absolute freedom while at the same time trying to convince people about voluntary extinction

OMG I can't stop laughing, now I remember why I don't come here much, perhaps I should, good laugh.com :lol: [/u]

Darkstar

Post by Darkstar » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:13 am

Totally agree Adventurer, Jewel is rather self contradictory and should maybe try for a job in the circus. They can always use a good clown :lol: :lol: .

Kevininabydos

Post by Kevininabydos » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:44 am

I blame 'Care in the Community' . I am sure incitement to mass suicide contravenes some law or other! :?
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

Marcus Aurelius

jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by jewel » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:17 am

There is absolutely no contradiction there adventurer :)

Like the abolitionists, we have to apply these ethical principles to all beings, human and non-human alike, or there is no absolute freedom

The current state of the society in which we live is apathetic, controlled and owned by big corporations, deluded and hypnotised by information from the TV and media, and generally, we are in a state where we are not free, our opinion is not ours.......... it's forced upon us since birth and it's still being forced into our heads, and we, as a population, still don't think, but just accept everything that is served on a plate for us. We replace one ideology with another, thinking that we have freed ourselves, but actually, we just replaced one dictator with another.

The fight for animal rights is a fight for freedom, but not freedom in the sense that we can choose whether to go to the park or theatre today, or to choose if we will buy a new dress or a t-shirt. Freedom in the sense of freedom of speech, freedom of thinking, and most importantly - liberation and separation from those who control us.

To really liberate ourselves and to be free in the true meaning of that word, we must first know who is keeping us under control. Those are the meat and dairy industry, capitalism, money, television and the idiotic content on it,
various priests, gurus and others who deceive, lie and rob their followers, and generally, all things, groups and individuals who we idolize and in that way let them control us.

http://animalrightsart.webs.com/apps/blog/

Absolute freedom is so compatible with voluntary extinction of humans, as if we are truly free to be able to reach our own ethical decisions this is what we may naturaly choose to follow, but it is totally against our current natalist society. Think about it. :)

I am interested in why you think it so amusing , adventurer? It would be good To hear your opinion on the matter.

Kevinabydos........who is talking about mass suicide? :? Sure you not getting confused with lemmings, understand they practice this phenomomen.

Arthur

Post by Arthur » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:01 pm

13:11 Reports from medical sources in Tahrir say 500 injured during the past two hours, at a rate of one injured every 5 seconds.
http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent ... ir-to.aspx
Freedom of speech for animals? Jewel, just give it a rest...

jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by jewel » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:15 pm

Meaning what exactly Arthur? I was replying to adventurers post on the ethics of absolute freedom, nothing to do with the hell hole in Cairo, or even Syria, Wall Street, Athens,these riots are certain to escalate, but not what I was discussing, in fact who thinks about the poor animals in all this carnage?

LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member

Post by LivinginLuxor » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:43 am

So, Jewel, when will you practice what you preach, and perform 'voluntary extinction', or is that a policy that you encourage for the masses only?
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan

jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by jewel » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:38 am

Stan, the motto of VEHMT ( http://www.vhemt.org/ ) is "live long and die out" which I totally agree with, It is a cause to live for :D

Darkstar

Post by Darkstar » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:06 am

Jewel, let's get something straight;
1, Lemmings do not indulge in mass suicide, it is a migration instinct which causes them to try to swim long distances which unfortunately most cannot do.
2, You can never ever achieve total freedom, the only way would be to have a world in a state of total anarchy and chaos with everybody doing their own thing. Out of chaos comes order, so the whole thing would start again. There will always be leaders and always followers. There will always be some in control either by force or bribery. So take off the rose coloured spectacles of idealist dreaming, wake up and smell the coffee.
3, Advocating genocide and mass suicide does indeed put you alongside Hitler and the Rev jimmy Jones and the Chinese who are commiting genocide in Tibet.

jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by jewel » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:12 pm

Dear darkstar, you have got hold the wrong end of the stick haven't you darling? :roll:
Advocating genocide and mass suicide does indeed put you alongside Hitler and the Rev jimmy Jones and the Chinese who are commiting genocide in Tibet.
You obviously have not taken the time to read what VEHMT is all about,or you wouldn't have made that statement.
So take off the rose coloured spectacles of idealist dreaming, wake up and smell the coffee.
You really like these tired old cliches dont you? A bit like the leaping lemmings really :roll:

As for freedom, you could do worse than read Jean Paul Satre's "the age of reason" asa beginning to understanding the ethics of absolute freedom, or this may help.

http://www.anselm.edu/homepage/dbanach/ ... ecture.htm

Arthur

Post by Arthur » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:21 pm

jewel wrote:...who thinks about the poor animals in all this carnage?
You'll be glad to hear, according to Al Ahram, that activists have been busy rescuing pets stranded in a petshop on Mohamed Mahmoud Street.

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:43 pm

'Hang on! A million lemmings cannot be wrong...
at least you can die trying......8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:23 pm

Who2 wrote:'Hang on! A million lemmings cannot be wrong...
at least you can die trying......8)
Oooooo, you are awful, but I like it! 8)
Smile! It confuses people

jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by jewel » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:03 pm

...who thinks about the poor animals in all this carnage?
You'll be glad to hear, according to Al Ahram, that activists have been busy rescuing pets stranded in a petshop on Mohamed Mahmoud Street.
That is something, but what about all the others?

S.P.A.R.E does have a page on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/groups/4204682654/

Gandhi once said: “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” Today, a certain mentality amongst Egyptian culture regards humans as superior to all animals. Unfortunately to some, this translates into mistreating animals because they do not feel morally obliged to care for them. Ignorance has lead some to think that animals were created solely for the use of humans and are therefore to be treated without humanity.

Images that would usually shock us such as dumping sheep into car trunks, crammed cattle in trucks without food and water, and extreme cruelty to donkeys and horses is now seen as normal. The truth behind “halal” slaughtering is not a secret anymore, thanks to YouTube and to those following animal rights movements in Egypt. Even despite several hadiths and verses in the Qur’an that preach the humane treatment towards animals, careless slaughtering still happens and animals are commonly dumped in piles, some of them still alive. According to the RSPCA, (Royal Society for the Prevention of Animal Cruelty) Australia placed an export ban on cattle after alleged mistreatment of cattle in Egypt . This included pushing cattle off trucks and stabbing them in the eyes and legs.

Egyptian authorities take brutal measures to eradicate the stray populations of dogs and cats as well. Dogs are poisoned and are made to endure agonizing and slow deaths caused by seizures and respiratory paralysis. Recently, Egyptian authorities responded to citizens’ complaints by shooting a pack of stray dogs who were left to die slowly or left to live with broken bones and permanent paralysis. Common killing methods of the public include drowning, starving and torturing strays for either entertainment or eradication. Glass filled meat is also fed to dogs which causes them to suffer extreme pain as the food is being digested. Animal activists such as S.P.A.R.E (Society for the Protection of Animal Rights in Egypt) have brought some horrific stories into light; one puppy even had his tail severed off for fun by a butcher.

A simple new outlook must be taken. Educated or not, we must realize that it is not about picking animals over humans, but about preventing something barbaric that should cease to exist.

S.P.A.R.E aims to engage the general public by allowing them to volunteer, adopt, donate, or sponsor animals in need of help. We also take responsibility for sheltering, finding animals new homes or humanely putting them to sleep. We speak “for the creatures of this world who cannot say when it hurts, when they are scared.” In a part of the world where animals were once sacred in the ancient days, we of all people should understand the truth that resounds in Gandhi’s words.

Darkstar

Post by Darkstar » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:50 am

Jewel sweetie :D , if you want to play at philosophising, you could do beter than Sartre, how about you have a read of Freidrich nietshze learn about ubermensch (google it). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_is_dead

That answers Sarte.

As for genocide, you yourself made that statement,

jewel
PostPosted: Wed 26 Oct, 2011, 9:05 Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top
Well with human population tipping 7 billion there has to be ways to keep it down......wars, genocide, famine, earthquakes, tsunamis.......bring it on!

methinks i see a little hypocrasy in your posts Darling :)))

So like i said , Hitler, china and how about pilpot(sp?)
Have a nice day... :P