Back to Blighty....

Get the best advice about your holiday in Luxor.

Moderators: Horus, DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Back to Blighty....

Post by Who2 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:28 pm

Jesus (pbuh) it's really dead costly leaving this Country.
So, home to Laandaan home of acid attacks, mobile phone thefts & the record high for knife attacks.
One needs to keep on one's toes whilst wandering the 'sordid streets of 'Norf Landan sometime described as 'trendy Clerkenwell.
There's 'more restaurants than you can 'shake a stick at, and really great pubs at every 20 meter intervals...
When Nick and I used to spend 10 days in the Emilio at £140 quid each, One notices prices have gone up, somewhat..
Anyhow today a quick shave, haircut, fettler, + mud pack, 2 beers and we are quids in, cheapest haircut around me in London ?
Sadlers Wells Barbers £8.50..no razor no fettler no mud pack...
But one does see the 'odd ballerina prancing by... 8)
'always' be friends with your barber' top tip!
Below mostly filmed in Clerkenwell....
phpBB [video]

I always remember this clip......

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Re: Back to Blighty....

Post by HEPZIBAH » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:39 pm

Who2 wrote: When Nick and I used to spend 10 days in the Emilio at £140 quid each, One notices prices have gone up, somewhat..
:o

You wuz robbed! When I used to stay at the Emilio, for years it only cost me £105 for 14 nights. The price did eventually go up, I remember having to pay that much for 10 nights once. That was this century too!
:a21:
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

crewmeal
Top Member
Top Member

Post by crewmeal » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:29 am

I know that feeling Who2. I came back on the first MS761 flight from Luxor. After 6 glorious weeks that black cloud desends over Brum as the weather deteriorates and the sun has waved goodbye.

Still now is the time to plan for next year :P

John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:43 am

Well, in case you missed it, which you did Who2, we have had a great summer here in the UK, which started late April through to July.
Comparable almost to that glorious summer of 1976.

I think you will still catch a few days as Summer passes and can enjoy a pint or full English on the outside tables of you local purveys of such essential items for good living..
Enjoy 8)

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:25 pm

Just noticed my personnel protection squad has stood down.
4 nice coppers renting one of the Dr's 'must-have hovel's and have done for years. 3 weeks on 1 week off back home to Cairo.
They know me, even coming once to sort out a 'ruckus I was having with 'magnoon Mahmoud.
And often bumping into them at checkpoints etc.
They were, always very smartly turned-out, doing all their own laundry and ironing even at 6am.
I remember during some Revolution or another, they on their balcony, me on my roof drinking with tear gas eyes,
watching kids on motor bikes hurling fire-crackers at all the young soldiers sweating in their trucks opposite.
As some young novice conscript let off a volley from his Kalashnikov, straight towards us.
And I thought Egyptian for 'duck was Bockk....

Anyhow as I haven't spotted them for a few weeks and their de-lux apartment seems deserted,
or it could be cut-backs on my PPS..'sadly missed perhaps someone told them I was off home for a bit.... 8)
Ps: And all those dates need harvesting soon...
Sophocles.

newcastle
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by newcastle » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:53 pm

Who2 wrote:Just noticed my personnel protection squad has stood down.
4 nice coppers renting one of the Dr's 'must-have hovel's and have done for years. 3 weeks on 1 week off back home to Cairo.
They know me, even coming once to sort out a 'ruckus I was having with 'magnoon Mahmoud.
And often bumping into them at checkpoints etc.
They were, always very smartly turned-out, doing all their own laundry and ironing even at 6am.
I remember during some Revolution or another, they on their balcony, me on my roof drinking with tear gas eyes,
watching kids on motor bikes hurling fire-crackers at all the young soldiers sweating in their trucks opposite.
As some young novice conscript let off a volley from his Kalashnikov, straight towards us.
And I thought Egyptian for 'duck was Bockk....

Anyhow as I haven't spotted them for a few weeks and their de-lux apartment seems deserted,
or it could be cut-backs on my PPS..'sadly missed perhaps someone told them I was off home for a bit.... 8)
Ps: And all those dates need harvesting soon...
I've just returned from blighty where one of the delights was the first 2 episodes of The Bodyguard featuring the personal protection officer of the home secretary. Apparently one of his duties is giving her a right rogerring, on demand. Perhaps it's as well you're departing in case those 4 coppers, your personal protection team, get lonely and a bit frisky. :oops:

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:58 pm

So everything sorted, 'in-shaala! just got back from a farewell drinkies, What I will miss most of
all is the 40oC natural nile spring pool avec 'bubbles, and Axel's crap japanese flute music on the 'etherial mood disco light.
It's midnight....just exited the 'pool of life™ pending! "

Life is fun, life is a jacuzzi, love your jacuzzi and your jacuzzi will love you.
"I'm leaving on a Jet Plane....and it seems our deportee is on the same plane.

When I travel, I'm always go incognito and totally ignore everybody,
I don't like travel, especially where people are involved.... 8)
Ps: It's always that 'sphincter-time with the customs & excise,
even though I'm not smuggling anything, unless you call 6 cartons of LM, smuggling...
Nb: 6 cartons = 6 weeks.....

Ps: Regarding the previous post Iv'e just read.
"Perhaps it's as well you're departing in case those 4 coppers, your personal protection team, get lonely and a bit frisky. :oops:

If they ever tried, I'd cut their f......balls off with a rusty cut throat razor, get your thinking straight!
Sophocles.

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Jesus it's flipppping cold here, sunny but cold.
Flight cool our un-cuffed deportee sat at the back asleep..
Anyhow done the rounds even went to a lovely old revamped pub The Sekforde absolute crap.
But a crap pub/landlord The Coach & Horses est 1790 revamped as 'The Coach won best london pub weird or what.
More restaurants have closed than have opened not a good sign, rates and rents.

All the news here is about Jeremy 'local boy and the 4x2's moaning, they've' bin moaning since they killed Jesus..
I'll be popping up the garden next week for a meal and find out what all the yiddisher merchants think.
Brexit ? every media outlet "we are all doomed....yeh right on!
Oh! and to watch https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5789976/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 . on the big screen like a big cinema, pop corn, toffee apples.

Her indoors, my nutter Sim just returned from Cuba & Toronto, She shows me all the stuff for her new keep-fit regime.
She's joined Virgin Health Club Islington quote 'fit blokes and she's given up smoking only cigarettes.

Iv'e convinced her to befriend Mo Hamza from the village he's been in 'lub with her since she came out with Nick.

He's driving her FB with lurve messages mad!...it's an egyptian thing...... 8)
Tonight's meal after her 1st work out at the new 'health spar is a healthy lump of Salmon marinated to the 9's...
Sophocles.

John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:07 pm

I have been thinking about keep fit, but it was only a fleeting thought. you only get so many heartbeats allocated to you, and I dont like wasting them.
Latest news from a friend of my wife was that her keep fit fanatic husband put 2 beers in the fridge for after his football match and never returned back home to drink them after dropping dead on the football pitch.
I doubt my heart could take it after so many years of relative inactivity. I do however like to give my kidneys a shock every once in a while and drink a long cold glass of fresh water in the morning instead of a hot extra strong coffee with 2 sugars and full fat milk..

Rates and rents have been killing off a lot of businesses here in the commercial area of Liverpool. They wanted another 15oo quid a year for Christmas decorations.
Now, a commercial district has no need to pull in Christmas shoppers when you think about it ! The shops service us Office dwellers and close at 6 PM and don't even open up at the weekend...

Even the local SPAR shop got converted into a Gino D'acampo restaurant.. So long Bacon, sausage and Egg butty... :td

Salmon and new potatoes drowned in lashings of hot butter laced with Garlic or parsley.... Mmmmm.. :eat

Enjoy London. Have a Great time.. :br

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:15 pm

So it's 7 and her Virgin trainer has just called, Now this is a first visit.
I said what you doing, she's blow drying her toenails & fingernails 8) . ffs.
Jesus she's finally left... 8)
Sophocles.

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:03 am

John Landon wrote: Rates and rents have been killing off a lot of businesses here in the commercial area of Liverpool ...
Even the local SPAR shop got converted into a Gino D'acampo restaurant.. :td

Enjoy London. Have a Great time.. :br
Same here in Copenhagen. Denmark's Bellydancer School where I started dancing some 25 years ago, could no longer survive in the city center because the rent had escalated. When we were teenagers, a girlfriend invited me to visit her family in that neighbourhood - I had not known that such poverty and misery existed in our little welfare state, now it is among the city's most prestigious adresses. I had to take the bus to a suburb this rainy evening, to dance in a stinky gym in front of the mirrors from our good old downtown harem. Well, I still have Cairo.

Yesterday, I had some time to kill and walked down two of the streets where I was lucky enough to live when I was young and hot in the absolute center of medieval Copenhagen. I did not recognise one shop, café or restaurant, well I do recognise the cafés because they all belong to the same few chains.

The home that I can afford to leave for Luxor is in what I always considered one of the least attractive parts of the city; it is becoming more lively and appealing now that what used to be my Copenhagen is out of reach for most. I can sell my flat tomorrow for fifteen times the price that I paid fifteen years ago.

There were some Danish established business owners in London on the news today who were very concerned about their future there after Brexit.

Enjoy London :ks :br :ks :wi :ks

newcastle
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by newcastle » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:23 am

Gentrification is a big issue where I live in the East End of London too. Many small shops, laundrettes, hairdressers etc are being forced out by staggering rent increases...to be replaced by trendy cafes selling coffee and "designer" sarnies at eye-watering prices.

Soon, I'll have to take a bus to get a newspaper and a pint of milk!

And the accents you encounter are rarely Cockney. It's now predominantly Asian .....with a smattering of Knightsbridge :lol:

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:02 pm

My Aunt lived in Lancelot Place Knightsbridge, she said "Why do you always speak like an East End Tour Guide ?
then go on to say I had a perfectly good education and "Your Father doesn't speak like that.
They were born in Edith Grove Chelsea, and learnt to speak posh, I of course rebelled.. 8)
Sophocles.

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:24 pm

'Wandering me Manor...
I love wondering around the area, so rich with history, walked by the Castle where the Hatton Garden Job was planned.
King of Thieves out tomorrow I'm going to a real cinema on Sunday.
Went to Turner & George's butcher for a big Pork Chop.
Finally a wonderful old famous boozer Filthy's has reinvented itself again.
The George & Monkey, as in Curious George...
We had fun times in that pub, very eclectic, musical and literate.
The skyline here changes constantly....
And trees grow.....
Ps: Nearly got run over by a big electric car, 'sneaky buggers... 8)
Sophocles.

FarleyFlavors

Post by FarleyFlavors » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:21 pm

Who2 wrote:Went to Turner & George's butcher for a big Pork Chop.
I bloody love T&G. Been using them for years; they started out as The East London Steak Company before they opened their brick and mortar store.

Try their onglet steak, flash fried to medium rare and sliced against the grain. Really tasty and cheap as chips.

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:08 am

When one has forgotten...... I think' that personal touch alway's works wonders!....
When your at the bottom of the pit, I mean the 'only road is up ?...... 8)
Sophocles.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:49 am

I think quite a lot of other European Countries are worried about Brexit Bennu, because its not just the effect of what will happen in Britain, it's the effect on the EU Economy too. Christine Le Gard is also worried, that is why she too is jumping on the bandwagon sticking her oar in on the effects on Britain and Brexit, trying to protect the EU economy. If there is a hard Brexit, then the EU will loose 68 Billion US Dollars the cost of a hard Brexit, and that is a lot of cash. It also stems from having non controllable bureaucrats in charge of such a large unmanageable project. Personally I believe that many people in the UK have given up with all the rubbish that has been banded about in the UK and are sick to death of the slow process. Every time it comes on the TV I just turn off now, and I think there are many that do the same. All this comes from have a weak, leader who has always wanted to remain a part of the EU. Looking into the future no matter what happens, Europe will loose its Christian belief's and become another Islamic area, created by France Germany and the UK for not controlling immigration, we have seen the start of rebellions against immigration to these Countries already.

Every Country in the EU has different demands and in fact different cultures, and the EU are failing to recognise this.

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:47 pm

F***Brexit it's only the stuff on the media, your normal population go about their days quite happily.
Today (I've been observing them)
Not talking about Brexit....
A bit windy today but lunch'd in the window of Morito's, a tapas bar Moro's little brother.
quails eggs, cumin & salt £3
gambas fritas £8
salt cod £6.50
portonic white port, tonic, lemo £7.50
tajinaste, listan negro 2014 £6.50

Then over the street to drink Estrello at Cafe Kick, a local tapas type bar and an institution.
Whilst there, relaxing in the sun & watching all the lunchtime strollers 'desperately trying to avoid a moving,
either fashion film shoot or an advertising shoot.
Very pretty model that was constantly changing her attire.
Outside various trendy market retailers, She seemed to be the focal point.....

Ps: All afternoon's TV adverts are about you dying and buying insurance, so your loved ones don't cough-up.
Let the buggers pay I say, Anyway who's dying ?..... 8) "not I said the eskimo"

Pss: Her indoors has fallen out of love with JC that's, Corbyn not Christ....wimmin?
Sophocles.

John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:21 pm

Glad you are still enjoying Laaandaaan, but what's not to enjoy ? My son loves it down there..

City life was never my thing, I prefer the countryside and the Sea Shore. The city is where I earn my living and I like to keep it that way.

You are right about Afternoon TV, all Insurance adverts, buying products to overcome Women's bladder leakage problems, and life insurance..

Me ? I'm too old to die now... 8)

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:38 pm

It's raining here, great..
Tonight Sim learns to cook 2 x Rib Eye Steaks (£22.88 ) on the griddle..
Thats' 535.72 le 'a weeks shopping in KZ or 6 bottles of Obelisk ffs!
I have all the appropriate Youtube videos for her.....

If she's as good as her last weeks poached Salmon, even the Cat refused it and her Transylvanian Granny's Chicken soup.
Are we in for another epicurean disaster ?....

Whilst I am slowly creating 'zee red wine jus...
To be continued..... 8)
Ps: Our leader is 'shaking her stick at those 'johnny foreigners over in Europe..about time to !
Sophocles.